We are officially in engagement season! And if you made it to this post, you’re likely looking for a list of amazing engagement gifts for your friends. Engagement gifts are absolutely not a necessity so don’t feel pressure to get anything! One of my favorite gifts was a cute card and a small bottle of champagne from a local shop. If you are looking to get your friends a little something special, read on!
When it comes to engagement gifts, I prefer to stay away from personalized items; so many women are keeping their maiden names and some couples come up with a new shared last name. And honestly, I don’t personally love anything personalized. (I’d rather pick that out myself, you know?) If you do want to get something personalized, I’d recommend doing something with their first initials (like these coasters).
10+ Amazing engagement gifts
- Cooking for Two cookbook
- Champagne flutes
- Waterford crystal is an extravagant, and timeless, gift. Your newly-engaged friends will use their Waterford at their wedding and on anniversaries to come.
- A nice bottle of champagne
- A return address stamp
- I mentioned above that I don’t love personalized gifts but a return address stamp is a worthy exception. You will save your friends time and hand cramps when it comes to save the dates, wedding invitations, and thank you cards. Tip: if you’re not sure if the couple will share a last name, just use their first names!
- Artifact Uprising gift card
- Artifact Uprising lay-flat photo albums are stunning and the newly-engaged will be so appreciative to use the gift card towards their wedding photo album (or guest book)!
- Fujifilm Instax Mini
- These little instant cameras are amazing! I know couples that use them for the guest book at their wedding: take a photo, print the photo, stick it on a page in your guest book, and sign off your well wishes!
- Don’t forget the film!
- Mother of Pearl picture frame
- This picture frame is so elegant and not something most young couples would purchase for themselves. It is the perfect home for their engagement photos and, eventually, their wedding photos!
- Ring Dish
- Okay, so your best girlfriend just got engaged. She needs a ring dish! I recommend a ring dish or a place to store your ring in every spot you’re likely to remove your ring: the kitchen, the bathroom (not too close to the sink), and the bedside table. I also recommend having a travel jewelry organizer. Bonus: how adorable is this dog ring dish?
- A gift card to their favorite restaurant
- Gift card to a spa
- A yummy smelling candle
- Consultation hour(s) with a wedding planner!
- Even if your friends aren’t sure if they want to hire a full-service planner or wedding coordinator, consultation hours with a planner can be immensely helpful. From organizing thoughts and discussing design to coming up with a realistic budget and vendor referrals.